Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

Christian Homophobia

I know I'm not in the best position to teach anyone how to suck eggs, but I did get little bit of religious instruction as a child, and I seem to remember getting the impression that christians were supposed to be nice, tolerant people? It seems, though, that tolerance is something christians expect for themselves, not something they are willing to extend to other people. A case in point is this particularly nasty letter which appeared in today's Daily Telegraph. I wonder if the pastors writing on behalf of tens of thousands of black British christians are aware that the thousands of homosexuals in London have come here to experience the freedom of living according to their sexual orientation in the capital of a secular democracy?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?